|Where:||Lewa Wildlife Conservancy|
Safaricom Marathon 2011
The 12th Safaricom Marathon and Half Marathon took place on the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy on Saturday 25th June 2011. Organised by Tusk and supported by Safaricom this fundraising event hosted over 1,200 runners from 20 different countries.
The 2011 Safaricom Marathon raised $500,000 for the following projects throughout Kenya. We'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took part - runners and their supporters, volunteers on the day and all of the event sponsors - for making this such a successful event.
News on how the funds have been allocated by the projects will be posted on the website in the coming months.
- Lewa Wildlife Conservany: $175,000
- Northern Rangelands Trust: $90,000
- Health Initiatives: $40,000
- Lewa Education Programme: $60,000
- Lewa Communities- $20,000
- Mount Kenya Trust- $20,000
- Ngare Ndare Forest Trust- $20,000
- Lamu Marine Conservation Project - $10,500
- Lekurruki Conservation Trust- $10,500
- Kibodo Trust- $7,500
- Kora National Park- $10,500
- Bongo Wildlife Clubs- $4,500
- Koiyaki Guiding School- $10,500
- Maasailand Preservation Trust- $10,500
- PACE- $3,000
To view results of the Safaricom Marathon 2011 please click on the links below.