- The Hon Stephen Watson (Chairman)– Stephen is Chief Executive of CTN Group, the creative, digital and leadership communications agency, and an Honorary Commander in the Royal Navy. Stephen has been a Trustee since 1998 and Chairman since 2013.
- Dr Susan Canney– Susan is a Research Associate specialising in conservation biology within Oxford University’s Department of Zoology, and the General Adviser and Project Leader for the Tusk-supported Mali Elephant Project. She has been a Trustee since 2014.
- Sarah Fairbairn– Sarah is a freelance financial journalist and long-time Tusk supporter, who joined the Board in 2017.
- Patrick Harverson– Paddy is the Co-founder and Managing Partner of the London-based strategic communications consultancy firm Milltown Partners. Beforehand he was Communications Secretary to The Prince of Wales and his family, and before that he was Communications Director at Manchester United Football Club. He has been a Trustee since 2015.
- Phillip Ihenacho– Phillip is a co-founder and partner in Amaya Capital, a principal investment firm focused on investment in West Africa, and joined the Board in 2016.
- Timothy Jackson– Tim is a Director at Invesco, the investment management company, and since 2009 has brought his experience in investor relationship management to the Board.
- Deborah Meaden– Businesswoman, investor in sustainable businesses and star of “Dragon’s Den”, Deborah became a Tusk Patron in 2010 before joining the Board in 2016.
- Alexander Rhodes – Alexander is an Associate in Mishcon de Reya, specialising in litigation, and was the founding CEO of Stop Ivory. He joined Tusk’s Board in 2014.
- Nick Tims– Nick is a Managing Director at Investec Asset Management, where he focuses on African markets, and has been a Trustee since 2012.
- Mark Tyndall– In 1997 Mark co-founded Artemis Asset Management, one of Tusk’s most significant and longstanding corporate partners. He joined the Board in 2015.
Hon Life President
- Dr. Sir Christopher Lever Bt.– Christopher Lever has been involved with Tusk since its formation in 1990, and was Chairman for 14 years until retiring in 2005. As a naturalist and author he specialises in the study of successfully introduced species, on which he has written 11 books and contributed to 12 others.
Hon Vice Presidents
- Sir Timothy Ackroyd Bt. – Sir Timothy is an acclaimed actor and one of the founding Trustees of Tusk. For Tusk’s 15thand 20thanniversaries, Tim collated a collection animal drawings by friends and personalities for auction and publication in two books – Ackroyd’s Ark I and II – to raise funds for Tusk.
- Iain Rawlinson – Iain is principal of Rawlinson Partners, an investor and adviser group. Iain was a Trustee from 2002, and Chairman from 2005-2013. He now chairs Tusk’s Development Board.
- Philip Cayford QC – Philip has been a leading barrister since 1978, specialising in matrimonial, media and common law. He is also an acclaimed wildlife filmmaker and photographer, and served as a Trustee from 2003-2015.
- Dr Samantha Corsellis – With a PhD from Cambridge University, Samantha’s research interests have focussed on primate social systems, behavioural ecology and primate conservation. Samantha was Trustee from 2002-2016.
- Reggie Heyworth – Reggie Heyworth has been Director of the Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens since 1995 and served on Tusk’s Board from 2005 – 2014.
- James Lindsay – James Lindsay was a member of the Young Europe Africa Expedition led by Tusk’s Chief Executive, Charles Mayhew in 1985, and is now a professional photographer and a director of Flat Dog Films. He served as Trustee from 1998 to 2015.
- Pierre-Andre Mourgue D’Algue – Pierre-André is a partner of the Swiss private bank Mourgue d’Algue & Cie, and from 1993 to 2016 was Tusk’s longest-serving Trustee.
Development Board (Advisory)
- Iain Rawlinson (Chairman)
- Nick Bullen
- Philip Buscombe
- Mark Franklin
- Stuart Graham
- Teresa Graham
- Philip Ihenacho
- Julian D. Knott
- Deborah Meaden
- Pierre-Andre Mourgue D’Algue
- Andrew Pitts-Tucker
- Alan Rogers
- Kate Silverton
- Lord Anthony St. John of Bletso
- Chris Townsend
- Richard Turpin
- The Hon. Stephen Watson (Chairman of Tusk)
- David Yarrow