- Alexander Rhodes (Chairman) – Alexander is Head of Purpose at Mishcon de Reya, where he provides strategic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) advice. He was the founding CEO of Stop Ivory and head of the Secretariat to the inter-governmental Elephant Protection Initiative. He joined Tusk’s Board in 2014, and was appointed Chairman in 2020.
- Dr Susan Canney – Susan is a Research Associate specialising in conservation biology within Oxford University’s Department of Zoology, and the General Adviser and Project Leader for the Tusk-supported Mali Elephant Project. She has been a Trustee since 2014.
- Sarah Fairbairn – Sarah is a freelance financial journalist and long-time Tusk supporter, who joined the Board in 2018.
- Patrick Harverson – Paddy is the Co-founder and Managing Partner of the London-based strategic communications consultancy firm Milltown Partners. Beforehand he was Communications Secretary to The Prince of Wales and his family, and before that he was Communications Director at Manchester United Football Club. He has been a Trustee since 2015.
- Phillip Ihenacho – Phillip is a co-founder and partner in Amaya Capital, a principal investment firm focused on investment in West Africa, and joined the Board in 2017.
- Beatrice Karanja – Beatrice is a strategic communications specialist with over 25 years of experience covering the African continent as both as journalist for BBC and Reuters and as a communications professional with UNICEF, Oxfam, and African Wildlife Foundation.
- Deborah Meaden – Businesswoman, investor in sustainable businesses and star of “Dragon’s Den”, Deborah became a Tusk Patron in 2010 before joining the Board in 2016.
- Nick Tims – Nick is a former Managing Director at Investec Asset Management (now Ninety One), where he focussed on African markets. He has been a Trustee since 2012.
- Mark Tyndall – In 1997 Mark co-founded Artemis Asset Management, one of Tusk’s most significant and longstanding corporate partners. He joined the Board in 2015.
Hon Life President
- Dr. Sir Christopher Lever Bt. – Christopher Lever has been involved with Tusk since its formation in 1990, and was Chairman for 14 years until retiring in 2005. As a naturalist and author he specialises in the study of successfully introduced species, on which he has written 11 books and contributed to 12 others.
Hon Vice Presidents
- Sir Timothy Ackroyd Bt. – Sir Timothy is an acclaimed actor and one of the founding Trustees of Tusk. For Tusk’s 15thand 20thanniversaries, Tim collated a collection animal drawings by friends and personalities for auction and publication in two books – Ackroyd’s Ark I and II – to raise funds for Tusk.
- Iain Rawlinson – Iain is principal of Rawlinson Partners, an investor and adviser group. Iain was a Trustee from 2002, and Chairman from 2005-2013. He chaired Tusk’s Development Board from 2014 – 2020.
- The Hon Stephen Watson – Stephen is Chief Executive of CTN Group, the creative, digital and leadership communications agency, and an Honorary Commander in the Royal Navy. Stephen was a Trustee from 1998, and Chairman from 2013-2020; he now chairs Tusk’s Development Board.
Development Board (Advisory)
- The Hon. Stephen Watson (Chairman)
- Johnny Beveridge
- Nick Bullen
- Philip Buscombe
- Mark Franklin
- Stuart Graham
- Teresa Graham
- Philip Ihenacho
- Tim Jackson
- Julian D. Knott
- Deborah Meaden
- Pierre-Andre Mourgue D’Algue
- Oliver Pawle
- Andrew Pitts-Tucker
- Iain Rawlinson
- Kate Silverton
- Lord Anthony St. John of Bletso
- Chris Townsend OBE
- Richard Turpin
- David Yarrow